That all Manitoba children and youth who may have been physically or sexually abused or exploited have access to child focused, culturally competent services in which service providers work together to meet their needs in a caring, holistically supportive manner to promote strength and healing.
Snowflake Place for Children and Youth provides multi-system collaboration in child abuse investigations ensuring children, youth and their families receive support and services in a safe, neutral, family friendly setting.
What We Value:
Children, Youth and their Caregivers
- Services that meet physical, emotional and psychological needs of children and youth and reduce family stress
- Diversity and cultural sensitivity
- Respectful and supportive practices that recognize caregiver strengths
High Quality Services
- Best practices in child abuse investigation, assessment, support and treatment
- Leadership in public education and training with respect to child abuse
- Efficient and effective financial management
- Coordinated, interdisciplinary, multisystem services
- Shared resources and assets
- Community capacity building to care for children and families affected by abuse
- Openness, respect, trust and information sharing among partners
Safe Healthy Environments
- Family friendly assessment environments that are safe for children and youth
- Highly skilled, committed and dedicated staff
- Collaboration with communities to enhance the safety of children
To promote the well-being of children and families through a coordinated, child/youth friendly response to child maltreatment.
To promote ongoing organizational capacity building and development of Snowflake Place.
To ensure the long-term sustainability and continued growth of Snowflake Place.
To work with inter-sectoral partners to further the development of an accessible and integrated service delivery system for children, youth and their families who require our services.